Questions To Ask Before Hiring a Home Remodeling Company
When hiring a company to work at your home, it’s important to ask some vital questions. There are no wrong questions to ask and most homeowners even have a long list. We’ve compiled a top 5 of these questions to help get you started.
1) Is the work and materials used under a warranty? This question is extremely important and the answer is twofold. Any quality remodeling company worth hiring will stand behind its work. When doing so they are saying, “Yes, we provide a trusted service and we perform the work and provide the products we would want in our own homes.” Products such as appliances and building materials like siding come with specific manufacturer warranties. Professional contractors will warranty the work and their quality workmanship.
2) What is the timeline for this project? The answer to this question depends on the project but it’s a good question to ask so you can plan accordingly with your schedule. An entire kitchen or bathroom remodel takes longer than an exterior deck, for example. An experienced contractor has likely completed many projects similar to yours in their company’s history. They will have an accurate timeline based on the materials available and any inspections required, which all affect the completion date. They will put all the variables together and discuss a realistic timeline for completion.
3) Do you have references such as customer testimonials? Knowing that others have hired the company and have been satisfied with the work is a huge plus. A company’s reviews are perhaps one of its biggest assets. In any business, a quality company strives to keep its customers happy and knows the importance of this. You can ask the home remodeler for references or ask if they have a website with reviews.
4) What is the company’s history? When it comes to hiring anyone, job experience is a must. That isn’t to say a new company isn’t providing a good service, yet an experienced contractor will know the ins and outs of the trade. When it comes to a remodel project there’s a lot involved. From inspections required by state and county offices to ordering specific materials for the job, experience and a company with a proven track record go a long way to keep things moving along smoothly.
Ask about the company’s history and the work background of the individuals who will be performing the work. Classic Construction has been providing top-notch remodel work since 2001 and has become a leading contractor in Richmond, Virginia. Our company president ensures excellence by working closely with all aspects of the projects.
5) How will this remodelling work affect our routine and household? Depending on the area in which you’re having the work done, whether it’s a bathroom, kitchen, or an exterior project, will play into how it affects your living space. If you’re having a bathroom remodeled but have another bathroom to use, then it’s likely your routine won’t be disrupted much, if at all. On the other hand, if your kitchen is being remodeled there obviously will be some daily interruptions while the project is being completed. Your home remodeling company will address all your concerns and give you a realistic scenario.
Classic Construction is your local, trusted home remodeling company, proudly serving the Richmond, Virginia area with experienced quality work. Our customer testimonials speak for themselves and many of the products we use come with lifetime warranties. Give us a call today at (804) 794-5690 or visit us online for more information and let us get your next remodeling project started.